Tuesday 15 May 2012

PFT: Ratio Final Idea 1

This is one of the final poster ideas I'm running with based on the world population ratio of 1:1. I took my ratio logo from the last post into illustrator and turned it into a 3D vector which I think makes it look alot better. It was pointed out to me that the first poster below seemed more biased towards females, mainly I think because the frame is primarily magenta. I felt that a texture would work well in the background to just to make it a bit more visually interesting.

The next poster I made I made the frame black and added a crumpled paper texture in the background. The next thing that I thought about changing was the font, another factor I think into making the poster look more feminine. This led me to the 3rd & 4th posters below, I changed 'The ratio of females to males is 1:1,' to a more masculine font and left 'Surprised' unchanged. I think this works alot better but just to try it out I did a version with cyan & magenta text. Having just cyan & magenta in the logo makes the male & female representation alot stronger.




UPDATE: Just spotted the spelling mistake...

No comments:

Post a Comment