Sunday 18 March 2012

Experimenting with anamorphic type #2

For my next experiment with anamorphic type I made a corner scene out of cardboard boxes and covered it with brown backing paper. I wanted to experiment with using a projector to see if  it would distort the image onto the surface for me... it didn't. I had to alter the text through Photoshop while checking it through a camera, this took a long time to get right as I was constantly altering, checking and altering again. Next time I may try photographing the area I want to paint my text onto, then mock it up on Photoshop and project the distorted text. If that worked it would really speed up the process as having to alter the text live is a pain and really impractical if I ended up doing it outside somewhere.
If I do end up doing my project outside I may have to build some sort of image enlarger that would project a sheet of acetate onto a wall as I won't be able to take a projector and laptop outside.
I'm pretty happy with the result of this experiment, there's a few areas that are slightly out but it's probably because as I was sketching the projected image the cardboard kept moving slightly, moving the distorted image. I only occurred to me while I was in the middle of sketching that I should have moved the lonely 'an' in line with the above text, I was so focused on getting the illusion right that I didn't even notice.
Distorted image that was projected




 

No comments:

Post a Comment