Wednesday 14 March 2012

Experimenting with anamorphic type #1

Today during class we had an opportunity to work on our projects so I used the time to experiment with an anamorphic rectangle. To get my first line I placed a steel ruler across the corner of the wall,shone a light behind it and traced the shadow it made. I completed the rectangle with parallel lines to see what it would look like and it looked out of proportion... It was wishful thinking that I'd have success first try.
Looking through the camera I found that I had to move the line downwards to make it appear parallel the top line, 6 lines later we had a winner. The next lines to fix were the two at the side, they appeared to be sloping inwards when drawn straight so I had to re-draw them slightly angled ("/ \") to appear parallel through the camera.
For a first attempt I'm really impressed, I was assuming I was about to make a complete mess of it. There's hope for this project yet :)






I tried putting a smaller rectangle within the rectangle I just drew but  time was against me and I rushed it, making it slightly crooked. So rule no.1, take your time :)




No comments:

Post a Comment